We are looking for a Pharmacology Modeler who is passionate about their profession and inspired by being part of a team, working in life sciences, to bring a therapy to patients. This is an opportunity to make an impact while being part of a historically significant company that is making a difference to the lives of millions of people.
Reporting to the Head of Translational Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics will be responsible developing models and conduct simulations of disease status, drug action, and (pre)clinical studies. Support global drug development by building systems efficacy and safety pharmacology/toxicology models for novel gene therapies.
The successful candidate will collaborate with nonclinical drug safety, drug discovery, drug metabolism, and clinical pharmacology to develop mathematical models to understand the targeted biological pathways and exposure-efficacy and safety relationship of novel therapeutic agents.
The candidate will also be responsible for implementing the right modeling & simulation strategy to assist with lead optimization, establish TK/TD relationships and create mechanistic safety pharmacology models to support project needs.
Essential qualifications include in depth understanding of safety pharmacology, particularly in immunology and cardiovascular biology, and numerical methods, as well as hands-on experience with modeling software, and ability to clearly present modeling and simulation findings.
- Developing systems pharmacology/toxicology models and physiologically-based dynamic mathematical models; conducting simulations of disease status, drug action, and (pre)clinical studies;
- Working in conjunction with Scientists to cultivate data in support of model construction and interpretation;
- The candidate is expected to design and build translational TK/TD and mechanistic models or platforms to understand the mechanism, translatability and impact of safety pharmacology/toxicology findings (both from in vivo and in vitro studies).
- The candidate will also apply mathematical models to evaluate potential safety risks and mitigation plan.
- PhD in bioengineering, pharmaceutical sciences, systems biology, systems pharmacology, chemical engineering, mathematics, (bio)physics
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in mathematical modeling of biological systems
- Strong competency in coding and running modeling and simulation related software such as Matlab, R, Python, C++, SimBiology
- Proficiency with systems modeling approaches such as differential equations, logic, stochastic, agent-based, or other advanced mechanistic modeling approaches is essential.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information to identify key scientific questions related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting project deadlines.
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical R&D process and experience in applying modeling to support decision-making in that context.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Systems Biology/Pharmacology Modeler
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.