The Senior Scientist, Preclinical Molecular Analytical Development reports into the Director, Preclinical Vector and Cell-Based Bioanalytical Sciences. In this role, you will perform routine analytical testing including, but not limited to qPCR, ELISA, and cell-based assay to support our lentiviral vector (LVV) platform.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain data in a highly organized manner including lab notebook maintenance with good documentation practices.
- Perform general lab maintenance and upkeep, including ordering laboratory supplies and maintaining key analytical equipment.
- Culture of immortalized and primary hematopoietic stem cells.
- Perform isolation and ex vivo lentiviral vector transduction of primary and immortalized cells.
- Quickly learn new techniques, plan and execute experiments, and provide input on data interpretation and troubleshooting.
- Support assay qualification and development activities and interact with CMOs and other vendors, as needed.
- The position requires adaptability, excellent planning, organization and communication multidisciplinary skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, environment.
- Author/review method SOPs and technical protocols/reports.
- Keep current with changing FDA and EU regulatory requirements for bioanalysis.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS/MS in biochemistry or biological sciences with 4-6 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise with LVV production and titration, PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, molecular cloning, droplet digital PCR, Western Blotting.
- Maintain an electronic laboratory notebook that provides clear documentation of experimental methods and results
- Technical understanding and/or experience with other general lab techniques such as pipetting, making reagents, flow cytometer and gel electrophoresis techniques
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record scientific data and results and prepare reports.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills—both written and oral skills
- Track record of completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Senior Scientist, Preclinical Molecular Analytical Development
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.