Bring the potential of lifelong therapies to the lysosomal storage community. This position will be the second member of the Patient Advocacy team. Work cross-functionally with program teams, communications, clinical and medical affairs. This highly visible position provides an excellent opportunity to enhance your experience with gene therapy development. You will develop relationships with patient communities to bring greater understanding around gene therapy and to communicate critical patient insights. Use this information to support clinical development and to provide strategic direction cross-functionally to ensure key messages are consistently aligned with patient needs and company objectives. This position reports to the Director of Patient Advocacy.
- Serve as primary point of contact to build and maintain collaborative, long-term partnerships with key patient advocacy groups globally.
- Proactively advocate patient specific priorities and objectives with senior leadership and key opinion leaders through direct one-on-one meetings and participation in key society meetings.
- Collaborate in the development of short- and long-term innovative strategies and tactical plans that delineate advocacy opportunities for specific disease states.
- Lead and support education and awareness of rare diseases and lentiviral gene therapy and other advocacy initiatives.
- Work with external patient organizations to encourage their growth and development into high-functioning and sustainable organizations.
- Contribute to the development of specialized therapeutic areas-driving advocacy partnerships that include educational programs, advisory boards, patient speaker engagement, clinical trial awareness, policy advocacy, etc.
- Contribute to patient advocacy communications, including social media initiatives, for assigned groups to raise awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, advanced degree in science is preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in the area of patient advocacy in the pharmaceutical, biotech or nonprofit industry.
- Use strong organization and time management skills in a fast-paced and innovative company.
- Certified genetic counselor, nursing or health care provider background or other relevant experience is a plus.
- Gene therapy experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience being an advocate for the rare disease community is preferred.
- Understanding of regulatory impact and biopharmaceutical industry requirements in drug development is preferred.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally 30% of the time.
- Ability to attend evening and weekend activities and events, as needed.
To apply, email your resume to: email@example.com
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.