The Finance Business Partner R&D is a key member of the Finance team. This role will serve as the financial business partner to the Research, Development and Manufacturing functions, supporting an advancing pipeline of gene therapy programs.
- Act as a primary Finance liaison between the Research, Development and Manufacturing functions to provide operational insights and strategic financial support to drive decision making.
- Attend department/program team meetings to promote and increase budget and forecast awareness and finance expectations.
- Assist/lead the annual operating plan, forecast and long-range financial plan (LRP) for the R&D organization.
- Partner with Finance and Program Management to develop alignment on portfolio programs.
- Partner with the Research, Development and Manufacturing functions to identify headcount resourcing requirements.
- Assist/lead quarterly management reporting for key R&D stakeholders including budget vs. actuals to provide key insights into business drivers.
- Ad-hoc finance assignments and responsibilities as necessary.
- Manage the front-end procure to pay process and conduct financial review, approval and execution of key contracts (i.e. Work Orders, SOW’s, Change Orders, etc.).
- Ensure that purchasing initiatives, contracts and work orders are acted upon in a timely manner to expedite approvals.
- Partner with accounting team at quarter-end to discuss spend and accruals for the R&D functions.
- Work with Finance and business leadership to implement process improvements to enhance capabilities.
- Proactively identify opportunities for operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years’ experience as a financial liaison within the biotech industry strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working within a clinical stage setting preferred.
- Previous experience with a financial forecasting and budgeting tool and ERP system preferred.
- Proven ability to facilitate project management workflow within your assigned teams.
- Outstanding analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-growing, rapid-paced organization.
- Proven time management skills and a willingness to see the job through to successful completion.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.