We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented and experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing, progressive, fast-paced Finance team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will help to ensure that high-quality financial information is created and used to drive decisions in this highly entrepreneurial, clinical-stage biotech company. The ideal candidate for this role aspires to grow with the company and is willing to work collaboratively while providing support to all areas of the business.
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end and year-end close cycle, including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare R&D and G&A accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Participate in quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Collaborate in the preparation of 10-Q’s and 10-K’s.
- Work with consultants to maintain financial systems.
- Monitor SOX internal controls to ensure key controls are followed and executed appropriately.
- Other projects and duties as determined by business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field; MBA and/or CPA a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years related accounting experience with at least 2 years of senior accountant experience required.
- Experience in a fast-paced, life science environment strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written are required to interact collaboratively.
- Proficient in US GAAP.
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities.
- Proven experience implementing process improvements for efficiency.
- Ability to work proactively in an extremely detailed-oriented manner.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement while bringing projects to completion.
- Previous audit experience with a Big 4 company is a plus, but not required.
Experience with Great Plains, ReQlogic, ETRADE and Concur are a plus.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.