We are seeking a highly motivated, detailed and experienced Senior Accountant to join our small, dynamic, fast-paced Finance team. The Senior Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and will help to ensure that high-quality financial information is created and used to drive decisions in this highly entrepreneurial, clinical stage bio-tech company. The ideal candidate for this role aspires to grow with the company and is willing to provide support to all areas of the business.
- Assists in month-end, quarter-end and year-end close cycle, including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Participates in quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Collaborates in the preparation of 10-Q’s and 10-K’s.
- Works with consultants to maintain financial systems.
- Monitors SOX internal controls to ensure key controls are followed and executed appropriately.
- Other projects and duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field; MBA and/or CPA a plus but not required.
- 5+ years related accounting experience with at least 2 years of senior accountant experience required, preferably in a life-sciences environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs, especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills-oral and written are required to interact collaboratively.
- Proficient in US GAAP
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage various tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and implement process improvements for efficiency.
- Proactive, and extremely detailed-oriented
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement while bringing projects to completion
- Previous audit experience with a Big 4 company is plus but not required.
- Experience with Great Plains, ReQlogic, ETRADE and Concur are a plus
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Senior Accountant – Accounting Operations
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.