We are looking for a Scientist I – Molecular/Computational Biologist who is passionate about their profession and inspired by being part of team, working in life sciences, to bring a therapy to patients. This is an opportunity to make an impact while being part of a historically significant company that is making a difference to the lives of millions of people.
Understanding the behavior and fate of genetically engineered cells is crucial for improving gene therapy. We are seeking a motivated and skilled individual who can utilize his/her scientific expertise in molecular and computational biology to enhance our newly forming R&D team. Our work is being specifically designed to address questions on how best to optimize gene therapy platforms at both basic and translational levels. The position will report to our Director of Gene Therapy and Biology.
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to support our lentiviral-based gene therapy programs.
- Study clonal dynamics of engineered cells and the composition of the stem cell product through state-of-the-art multi-omics single cell genomic and transcriptomic analyses.
- Design and implement new wet-lab single-cell assays.
- Develop and run bioinformatics pipelines for high-throughput single cell sequencing data.
- Generate analytical platforms useful across different teams internally and externally.
- Solve challenging scientific problems.
- Work in a dynamic scientific environment collaborating with peer scientists or working independently.
- Present data within Avrobio and to broader scientific community as appropriate via posters, talks at industry meetings or in the form of scientific publications.
- PhD in a related scientific field required. System Biology education strongly preferred; other related experience including bioinformatics will be considered.
- Proficient in Single-cell RNA-sequencing data collection, analysis, and bioinformatic tool development.
- Experience handling Illumina sequencing data.
- Proven experience excelling in a dynamic scientific environment.
- Ability to adapt to research outcomes.
- Excellent scientific speaking and writing skill required.
- Experience presenting scientific data at international meetings strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with human and mouse hematopoiesis strongly preferred.
- Experience on customization of single cell-RNA platforms and knowledge of the biochemistry at the basis of the single cell technology strongly preferred.
- Passport required for international travel.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (proficiency in another Language will be considered a plus).
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Scientist I – Molecular/Computational Biologist
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.