We are looking for a motivated, flexible, creative and energetic team member to join our Pompe team within our R&D Preclinical Department. You will be involved in the field of ex vivo lentiviral vector gene transfer into hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells with a mission of curing lysosomal storage disorders and rare diseases in one dose. Perform experimental laboratory work in the field of gene therapy, gene editing screening, hematopoietic stem cell biology, and genetics. Our Research Associates work under the general supervision of a Scientist/Senior Scientist and will assist in all aspects of research to test gene therapy vectors for functionality.
- Perform laboratory assays including biochemical assays, cellular staining and flow cytometry analysis, Luminex assays, ELISAs, protein/nucleic acids isolation/quantification, gene expression assays (Taqman PCR), and cell culture.
- Troubleshoot, optimize assays, and support transfer to CROs.
- Identify unusual findings and report such findings to supervisor.
- Work according to laboratory standards.
- Provide required documentation to record methodologies and test results for your work.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly manner.
- Use your organizational skills to balance project demands and help with inventories maintenance.
- Must enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team and have interest in the field of gene therapy.
- BS/MS degree with minimum 2+ year laboratory experience (industry experience will be a plus).
- Solid base of bench work for molecular biology techniques such as Enzymatic Assays, genomic DNA extraction, PCR and immunoassays (Western Blotting, ELISA).
- Solid base of cell culture and sterile techniques.
- Ability to troubleshooting, optimize protocols with the assistance of a supervisor.
- Excellent communication skills are required to work collaboratively with other team members in order to achieve goals and company timelines.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and discuss protocols before starting experiments.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry, transfections, viral transductions, CRISPR/Cas9 and hematopoietic stem cells is preferred.
- Must demonstrate careful attention to detail and maintain a neat and orderly working environment.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.