We are seeking a Research Associate to join an exciting and fast-growing company to develop gene therapies for rare diseases. The successful candidate will join the process development group at Avrobio, focusing on development of analytical methods for ex vivo genetically modified cells to support the development of gene therapy programs. The individual will develop quantitative assays measuring gene modification in target cells, cell-based assays measuring the expression and the biological functions of specific genes. The successful candidate will, perform, and analyze experiments for multiple preclinical and clinical programs and will work independently to support process development, product characterization, and technical transfer to CMOs and GMP test labs.
• Contribute to execution of experiments for comparibility studies and assay development/optimization
• Participate in planning, execution and data analysis to support method qualification and validation activities.
• Support daily operational needs by maintaining assay cell lines, controls, standards, and reagent inventories, cell culture media preparation, maintenance of mammalian cell lines, cryopreservation and aliquot assay components.
• Drafting of technical documents, including SOPs, assay forms, study protocols and reports.
• Maintains detailed, up to date, and witnessed laboratory notebooks.
• Development of cell-based potency assays.
• A Bachelors or master’s degree in biology, Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics or related discipline and 1-3 years of industry experience. A minimum of 1 year academic or industrial laboratory research experience is required. Industry experience is preferred.
• 2+ years of relevant assay development experience, in industry is preferred.
• Experience developing cell or molecular-based assays (qPCR, Western Blot ELISA, ELISpot, gel electrophoresis).
• Experience with flow cytometry is required cell counting and viability, plate readers.
• Experience in analytical method development, qualification/validation is preferred.
• Understanding of assay development and qualification per regulatory guidance (USP, ICH)
• Experience in performing cellular, chemical, and/or biochemical assays in 96- or 384-well microtiter plate formats.
• Diligently document all data in electronic notebooks in a timely manner.
• Effectively plan, organize, and schedule work activities to meet deadlines.
• Experience writing scientific reports and method SOPs
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Research Associate (Process Development Group)
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.