The Research Associate in AVROBIO’s R&D Preclinical Department, will report into the Senior Scientist, Preclinical Molecular Analytical Development and will join a fast-paced team that contributes to our drug development pipeline.
The Research Associate – Molecular Biology plays a pivotal role in supporting AVROBIO’s preclinical projects by establishing and performing the analysis of our samples by providing hands-on experience with the molecular and biochemical techniques associated with lentivirus gene therapy and execute experiments that move our research from the bench to bedside.
- Cell culture of immortalized cell lines and primary cells using aseptic techniques.
- Perform biochemical assays (flow cytometry, RNA and DNA analysis using PCR, protein analysis using Western blots or ELISAs, and enzymatic activity assays).
- Perform isolation and ex vivo lentiviral vector transduction of primary and immortalized cells.
- Maintain an electronic laboratory notebook that provides clear documentation of experimental methods and results.
- Work with the laboratory manager to maintain equipment and supplies.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 2-4 years of laboratory experience (industry experience will be considered a plus).
- Solid base of cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Previous experience with molecular biology techniques including RNA/DNA analysis using PCR and protein analysis using Western blots or ELISAs.
- Experience with mouse work preferred, but not required.
- Experience with flow cytometry, lentiviral transductions and neuroscience techniques is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize protocols with the assistance of a supervisor.
- Ability to quickly learn new techniques and adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Must demonstrate careful attention to detail alongside excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team and have interest in the field of gene therapy.
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Research Associate – Molecular Biology
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.