Join our mission of curing lysosomal storage disorders and rare diseases in one dose. We are looking for a flexible, creative and energetic team member for the Cystinosis group within our R&D Preclinical Department. Perform experimental laboratory work in the field of gene therapy, gene editing screening, hematopoietic stem cell biology, and genetics. As a Research Associate you will work under the general supervision of a Senior Scientist/Scientist and work cross functionally in all aspects of research to investigate ex vivo lentiviral vector gene transfer into hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells and to test gene therapy vectors for functionality.
- Perform laboratory assays including biochemical assays, cellular staining and flow cytometry analysis, ELISAs, protein/nucleic acids isolation/quantification, gene expression assays (Taqman PCR), and cell culture.
- Troubleshoot, optimize assays, and support transfer to CROs.
- Identify unusual findings and report such findings to supervisor.
- Work according to laboratory standards utilizing an electronic notebook.
- Provide required documentation to record methodologies and test results for your work.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly manner.
- This position requires a BS/MS degree in a related field. Preferably with a minimum of 2+ year laboratory experience and an interest in the field of gene therapy. Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with cell culture and sterile techniques is required. Primary cells and tissues manipulation experience is a plus.
- A solid base of bench work for molecular biology techniques such as Enzymatic Assays, Western Blotting, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, ELISA and other immunoassays is required.
- Flow Cytometry experience.
- Experience preferred with transfections, viral transductions, CRISPR/Cas9 and hematopoietic stem cells.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize protocols with the assistance of a supervisor.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies and improve protocols.
- Use your detail-oriented skills to maintain a neat and orderly working environment.
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Research Associate – Cystinosis
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.