We are looking for a Research Associate, Analytical Development who is passionate about their profession and inspired by being part of team, working in life sciences, to bring a therapy to patients. This is an opportunity to make an impact while being part of a historically significant company that is making a difference to the lives of millions of people.
The Research Associate, Analytical Development will perform preclinical R&D laboratory analytical testing including but not limited to qPCR, Western blot, plate based assays, and cell based assays to support both our lentiviral vector (LVV) gene therapy platform as well as structural, functional and investigational bioanalyses.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain data in a highly organized manner including lab notebook maintenance with good documentation practices.
- Perform general lab maintenance and upkeep, including ordering laboratory supplies and maintaining key analytical equipment.
- Quickly learn new techniques, plan and execute experiments, and provide input on data interpretation and troubleshooting.
- Support assay qualification and development activities and interact with CMOs and other vendors, as needed.
- The position requires adaptability, excellent planning, organization and communication multidisciplinary skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, environment.
- Author/review method SOPs and technical protocols/reports.
- Keep current with changing FDA and EU regulatory requirements for bioanalysis.
- BS/MS in biochemistry or biological sciences with 4-6 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in cell culture, qPCR, and ELISA.
- Expertise in planning, conducting, troubleshooting, analyzing, and reporting in vitro laboratory assays.
- Technical understanding and/or experience with other general lab techniques such as pipetting, making reagents, flow cytometer and gel electrophoresis techniques
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record scientific data and results, and prepare reports.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills—both written and oral skills
- Track record of completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Research Associate, Analytical Development
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.