We are seeking a Process Development Associate to join an exciting and fast-growing company to develop gene therapies for rare diseases. The Process Development Associate will be responsible for the execution of experiments in upstream and downstream processing leading to the establishment of manufacturing processes for AVROBIO’s product portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for execution in accordance with development plans, and based on process performances and data review make adjustments to the development strategy as needed.
• Execute experimental plans established in accordance with defined technical strategies, development plans and unit operation protocols
• Document all data in accordance with AVROBIO’s data management policies and procedures and the development of standard work practices
• Engage as needed in technology transfer activities with CMOs. May require travel
• Ensure maintenance of laboratory areas, including material procurement and storage, equipment management, waste handling
• Present work and discuss findings and review/review technical strategies at group meetings
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
• 2-5+ years of experience in process development for gene therapies, cell therapies of biological products.
• Experience with bioprocessing operations preferred, with scale up experience highly desirable
• Effectively plan, organize, and schedule work activities to meet deadlines
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Process Development Associate
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.