We are seeking a full-time corporate Paralegal to assist with a wide range of legal matters, primarily corporate in nature. While the role will report to the General Counsel, the selected individual must be organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently and collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to implement a variety of legal administration, governance and reporting functions. The responsibilities will be broad and varied in an exciting, rapidly growing organization. The individual must thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and cross-functional corporate environment, anticipating, planning and completing tasks that are time dependent. The role requires frequent interaction with our Board of Directors, executive management, and team members from Legal, Finance, Human Resources, and other departments
- Assist with general corporate recordkeeping, e.g. maintenance of corporate minute books, annual meetings, entity formation, annual filings, preparation of minutes and corporate resolutions.
- Assist with the preparation, distribution and maintenance of meeting materials for the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Assist with the preparation of SEC reports (10-Q, 8-K, 10-K, S-8, proxy statement), prepare Section 16 filings for review and maintain/update exhibit index for quarterly and yearly filings.
- Maintain project files, track and monitor legal projects and matters, keep the legal team informed as to the status of legal, risk and compliance matters, and keep logs and reports of all matters updated and current.
- Manage special projects and coordinate various programs and policies of the legal department.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of updates to corporate governance policies.
- Provide support for equity awards and Employee Stock Purchase Plan participation.
- Support litigation and diligence activities, and maintain various legal databases including a virtual data room.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Tax, Investor Relations, Stock Administration, Human Resources and Benefits.
Education and Experience
- At least 5 to 10 years aggregate experience working as a corporate paralegal preferably at both a public company and law firm.
- Experience with equity administration, legal entity management and related software
- Experience with Board meetings, communicating with directors, preparing board materials and working with board portals.
- Experience with Section 16 filings; functional knowledge of other SEC filings preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate complex business and legal concepts into clear and compelling text.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, time management, project management, research, communication, interpersonal skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized and proactive.
- B.A./B.S. required.
Click here for LinkedIn Easy Apply: Paralegal
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.