AVROBIO, Inc. is seeking an exceptional, energetic, business-minded corporate attorney with demonstrated securities law experience advising publicly traded biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies in a law firm or in an in-house legal environment. Reporting to the General Counsel, this individual will be the second lawyer at an exciting, fast-growing and innovative gene therapy company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead or assist in all areas related to the Company’s securities and corporate law matters, including Securities Act and Exchange Act matters and related compliance and disclosure activities.
- Principal legal responsibility for drafting, reviewing and filing all SEC reports, including registration statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, annual reports to shareholders and proxy statements, and Section 16 reporting activities.
- Advise on investor relations and public affairs matters, including review of earnings announcements, earnings scripts, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications, internal communications, social media announcements, and other materials (including preparation of appropriate securities disclosure matters as necessary)
- Provide legal support for corporate finance transactions, including public and private securities offerings, debt financings, and capital markets activities.
- Provide legal support for Company’s equity plan administration and transfer agent management functions.
- Develop, refine and maintain policies and procedures (coordinating with Finance as applicable) to ensure compliance with SEC and other securities-related regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act and Nasdaq listing standards, Regulation FD and insider trading policies and processes.
- Assist General Counsel with corporate secretary duties, including preparation of meeting minutes and consents, preparations for board and committee meetings, leading the preparations for annual shareholder meetings, and developing, adopting, managing and refining applicable corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor and advise on new and proposed securities law and corporate governance developments, market trends and best practices to ensure Company’s continued compliance.
- Assist General Counsel with business development and transactional matters, including drafting, negotiating and advising on term sheets / deal structuring, legal due diligence, negotiating/drafting transaction documents, in-licenses, out-licenses, collaboration, research, and related partnership/alliance management agreements.
- Draft, negotiate and review a range of business agreements, including manufacturing and supply agreements, license agreements, clinical trial agreements, HR and employee relations agreements.
- Work efficiently and effectively with in-house legal team, and serve as a cross-functional resource to the Finance, Investor Relations, Public Affairs, Human Resources, and other teams.
- Obtain and maintain a strong working knowledge of the Company’s business, scientific capabilities, and key strategic business objectives.
- Work with the General Counsel in building out the Company’s compliance program, including assisting in the development and delivery of training initiatives.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Company.
- 5+ years as a practicing attorney, including a minimum of 3+ years at a law firm
- Requires a JD degree from an accredited school.
- Current member in good standing of a U.S. state bar (Massachusetts preferred)
- Proven expertise advising public companies on securities law (’33 Act and “34 Act) compliance and disclosure matters, including leading the drafting and review of periodic reports filed with the SEC.
- Experience with and understanding of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry and associated legal issues.
- Experience with financing transactions, corporate law, and corporate governance matters.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex business transactions and agreements.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communications skills required to work both internally and externally.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing a substantial workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to recognize risk and develop workable strategies to mitigate such risk.
- Ability to work with the highest level of integrity is essential.
- Ability to travel (approximately 10%) as required.
To apply, email your resume to: email@example.com
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.