AVROBIO is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong leadership and program management skills to oversee one or more gene therapy programs in AVROBIO’s pipeline ranging from preclinical to clinical stages of development. The Program Leader will work collaboratively to manage and integrate diverse R&D activities including, but not limited to, preclinical research, clinical development, manufacturing and operations, regulatory affairs, commercial, business development and finance. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified and motivated individual to advance AVROBIO’s pipeline and bring life-transforming treatments to patients with rare diseases. This position reports to the SVP, Portfolio and Program Management.
- Lead 1-2 gene therapy programs and is responsible for working closely with team members to create strategies for successful development of the product.
- Drive decision-making on programs and execution of agreed upon program plans.
- Maintain a fully integrated, cross-functional program view; balances technical and business considerations.
- Prepare fully integrated program timelines.
- Work with team to prepare for upcoming interactions with regulatory authorities.
- Establish regular proactive risk assessment, ensures timely risk escalation and implements corrective action.
- Foster a culture of accountability, positive team dynamics and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identify, establish and promote best practices for program management.
- Outstanding leadership skills with demonstrated track record of success as a team leader.
- Advanced degree in life sciences with 8+ years of experience in a biopharma environment.
- 5+ years in program management leadership roles, managing cross-functional drug development efforts in biologics (preferred) or small molecules.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global drug product development.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to provide strategic insight and problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience developing gene therapies a plus.
- Occasional travel may be required.
To apply, email your resume to: email@example.com
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.